Saturday, September 23, 2017

M.A.C Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation Review

Today I am going to review M.A.C Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation under the shade "4.0". 
Let’s start with the basic description 

Product Name: M.A.C Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation 
Shade: 4.0
Skintone: Best suited for warm and Indian skin
Coverage: Sheer
Quantity: 35 ML/ 1.2 US. FL.OZ
MRP: Rs. 3600 (incl. of all taxes)
Name and address of manufacturer: The ESTEE LAUDER COMPANIES INC., 787, 5th Avenue, NY, 10153










  
My experience with the product:

As i have heard a lot about the coverage and finish of MAC Matchmaster Foundation for Indian skin tone, i was eager to buy one for myself. I went to MAC store and ask the salesperson to find best suiting foundation for my skin tone. I have a normal to combination skin. 

Firstly, he prep my skin with MAC Prep + Prime Skin Base Visage primer which is a lightweight gel . It’s quite moisturising and made my skin smoother. Then he applied a light application of MAC Matchmaster Foundation with shade 5 which was quite dark for me. The texture of the foundation is fluid and smooth. I just love how it melts in my skin. But then shade 5 was dark for me and i want one shade lighter then my skin tone, so he applied shade 4 which was Voila! the best suited shade for my skin. It was perfect for what i wanted. 


Review on the product:

The packaging of the foundation is as usual sophisticated black like all the MAC Products. The best part is the pump application provided with the glass bottle which is perfect for travelling and doesn’t squeeze out the extra product.  The texture of the foundation is liquid and you can apply with flat foundation brush or sponge or with your fingers itself. But according to me, it best blends out with a damp sponge.  The foundation is moisturising and doesn’t dry you out. The foundation blends seamlessly with your skin and gives you a  non-shine finish like a natural skin effect. The coverage is medium to build up as you apply more layers on your skin. It also have SPF 15 in it so its good for day time as well. MAC has total 12 shades in Matchmaster foundation which is best suited for warm and Indian skin tone.
 

As for the affordability factor I brought it in Rs. 3600 which is quite on a high end side but the brand qualifies as the products gives you that luxury feel. It stays quite long, I can say around 8-10 hrs, which is quite a good time we demand from a foundation.

Pros
Cons
  • ·        Sheer coverage
  • ·   Pump bottle application, travel friendly
  • ·        Nicely blended
  • ·        Stays long
  • ·        Moisturising, doesn’t dry out
  • ·        doesn't cake up your skin


  • ·        High in price
  • ·        Doesn’t give full coverage
  • ·        May not suit to oily skin as it has moisturising factor. 


Rating for M.A.C. Matchmaster foundation:8/10
Repurchase: Yes






No comments:

Post a Comment