Sunday, November 19, 2017

Makeup Revolution London Eye shadow Palette - Unicorns are Real Review


Hey beauties... How are doing? Hope everything is doing great with you…
I was thinking to do a review on eye shadow palette as it was not done before on this blog. So I thought to review my Makeup Revolution eye shadow palette. I use to have a nude palette of L’Oreal and it was beautiful but I wanted something colourful and shimmery, so I search online as which is best eye palette to try and their comes the long list but in most list I saw Makeup Revolution eye shadow palette review so I thought to treat myself with one.

I bought Makeup Revolution London Unicorns are Real eye shadow palette. It has beautiful colour which are rich in pigmentation and have shimmer in it. I ordered it online from amazon and it was delivered within a week. 
Now, I have this palette for more than 6 months, so I think it’s a good enough time to review this product. Let’s start with the review now.



Product Information

Name: Makeup Revolution London Unicorns are Real eye shadow palette
MRP: Rs. 1050
Quantity: 14 g
Shell life: 3 years









Packaging

The product comes in a plastic rectangular box which has a window on the top and black plastic base on the bottom. On the bottom Ingredients are also mentioned with the quantity of the product. When you open the flap, you see 12 beautiful shimmery vibrant colors distributed in 12 sections. On the 13th long section there is eye shadow brush comes with palette.

The packaging is okay. I am not very much impressed with it. The biggest drawback is it does not have a mirror which is so much needed in an eye shadow palette.

My experience of the product

The palette has been distributed from bright to dark colours. You will get all the colours in one palette. The palette has 4 light colors, 5 bright colors and 3 smokey eye colours (dark). The colours are shimmery and well pigmented but texture may seem chalky after a while. The texture is very soft and pigmented; you can blend it easily on your lids. It stays for a long time and keep your lids shimmery and brighten. 

The only problem I feel is its very shimmery and the light colors takes time to settle. When I first tried this product I thought why it’s not blending like my L’Oreal Nude eye shadow palette but guys remember it’s not a matte product; it is powdery and shimmery, so it will not give you same finish like matte eye shadows. It will give you a pop of color on your lid but doesn’t give you that nudes calm tone shade. Don’t compare shimmery eye shadows with matte eye shadow. All in all it’s great product for a beginner to start with at this price point.

Swatches





Pros

  • Best for smokey eyes.
  • Travel friendly size
  • Has shimmer in it
  • Dark colors are highly bendable.
  • Bright pop colour palette
  • Affordable


Cons

  • Availability is a problem in India. You can only get it from online or few of the metropolitan stores.
  • Light colors may not blend easily.
  • Packaging is not impressive.
  • Shimmer does not remove even after using makeup remover.
  • Not Waterproof.


Rating

6.5/10

Repurchase

No. I will buy this palette but I want to try other palette of makeup revolution.

Recommended

Yes. If your are beginner and want to try smokey eye then this is a great product.



Please comment if you like this post or have any suggestions. 

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment